George Lawley and Sons was a prominent shipbuilding company based in South Boston, Massachusetts that operated from the mid-1800s to the early 1900s. The company was founded by George Lawley Sr. and specialized in building high-quality, luxury sailing yachts for wealthy clients. They were known for their attention to detail and the use of the finest materials and skilled craftsmanship. Over the years, the company built hundreds of vessels, including steam-powered yachts, racing sloops, and schooners. Some of their most notable projects include the America’s Cup defender “Puritan” and the racing yacht “Volunteer.”
This lot is an August 27, 1943 employee newspaper published by George Lawley & Sons. The newspaper was called The Log and was filled with news about the company’s ships, activities, and employee accomplishments. It includes several interesting photos.